Wealth Preservation and Wealth Transfer
In the ever-changing and complex area of estate and trust planning and taxation, it is wise to have a plan and a proactive team of professionals to advise and guide you through the process. It is not something that is easy to discuss with loved ones but it is essential if you want to preserve your wealth and transfer it to your family members and/or charities in a tax-efficient manner.
Miles & Thirion collaborates with attorneys and investment advisors to form a team concept for your benefit. We hope by doing this we can simplify the process for you and your family. In an area of significant changes in recent years, our team will review your estate plan on an annual basis to ensure that your goals will still be achieved. An estate plan is appropriate at any age, particularly at times of life changes.
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Estate & Trust Analysis and Review
- Estate & Trust Accounting
- Estate, Trust & Gift Tax Returns
- Charitable Gift Planning including Private Foundations
- Representation before the IRS
- Business Succession Planning
Retirement Plan Services
Our retirement plan team has been advising clients for over 20 years. Our first goal is to meet the needs and objectives of the employer. We recognize that each employer has specific needs, ranging from a plan designed as an employee benefit to a plan designed to maximize contributions for the owners of the company. We have the ability to evaluate and compare various plan designs and provide the owners of the company innovative options to maximize the owners' contributions and tax deductions.
We are third-party administrators providing annual administration services for self-employed individuals up to mid-sized business for all types of defined contribution plans, including 401(k) plans, Profit Sharing Plans, Safe Harbor Plans and Cross-Tested Plans.
One of the main considerations for implementing a retirement plan is the ability to accumulate pretax benefits for your retirement. Contributions to a retirement plan are contributed on a pretax basis and are only taxed when they are withdrawn.
Retirement plan services include
In conjunction with our actuary partners, we have the ability to facilitate Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans.
- Plan analysis and feasibility study
- Plan design, implementation, and drafting of the plan document
- Defined Contribution plan recordkeeping and administration
- Defined Benefit plan services through outside actuary
- Annual compliance testing and government reporting
- Consulting services
- Employee education meetings
- Contribution calculations